Are you a driven, and motivated individual? Do you want to know that the work you’re doing is having a real impact? Do you see yourself as a leader and want to demonstrate it? If yes, then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to be first into our North American Sales team.
Who are we?
KYMIRA® are a life-conscious technology company with the sole aim of enhancing people’s lives through innovation, blending technology and biology in perfect harmony to release the limitless potential of human ability.
We produce wearable products that react and interact with the human body using patented technology to convert wasted energy into useful energy, power and information. We break through the barriers of today’s conventions to make the future a better place for everyone.
Who are we looking for and what will you get?
KYMIRA® is looking for a VP of Sales in North America to lead and grow a B2B sales team for the US and Canada, at an exciting time in our journey. The successful candidate will fulfil a player/coach role, contributing to strategic direction and growing a team whilst also hunting new business opportunities and nurturing accounts across both our sport and medical brands. You will be working closely with our CEO, UK Head of Sales and Senior Leadership Team to execute our commercial roadmap, driving towards achieving our 2030 goal of positively impacting no less than 1,OOO,OOO lives.
KYMIRA®’s products are technical in nature, so while pre-existing understanding of our technologies is not required, a demonstrable ability to learn the key benefits, and communicate them will be important.
We are looking for someone with at least 5 years of full-cycle sales and at least 2 years managing a sales team. The successful candidate will be a mission driven, team playing forward thinker that isn’t afraid of working outside the box and pushes the envelope.
It is an exciting time for the company as we receive new funding and investment to commercialise and roll out multiple new products, innovated by our technology team, over the next 18 – 24 months.
The role will be based in Nortn America, with requirement to travel and visit customers.
It is important to KYMIRA®’s leadership that all team members benefit from the work they do at the company, and as such options will be made available after your first year.
- Work across new and existing brands that KYMIRA® have established in.
- Meet and exceed individual and team quotas.
- Co-ordinate with marketing on lead generation and other joint projects.
- Track and report on sales activity.
- Manage the US Sales team’s P&L and budget, reporting to KYMIRA®’s CFO.
- Manage and oversee the activities and performance of the North American business development team.
- Build and recruit junior members of your sales team.
- Mentor and nurture junior members of the business development team.
- Hunt and research new business opportunities within our target markets and devise our value proposition.
- Nurture, cross and upsell existing customers with our growing product portfolio at your disposal.
- Maintain company’s CRM and sales tech stack, to ensure you and your team have the necessary tools to thrive.
- Be a voice, working within the senior leadership team, to contribute towards the company’s strategic development.
- Future proof the business development team and processes by keeping up to date with industry trends and activity.
- Act as the ‘internal customer voice’ as KYMIRA® develops new technologies and products, ensuring that we remain current and relevant, and provide valuable solutions for our customers’ challenges.
- Manage US Referral Partners/Field Sales partners.
- Plan, promote and execute (jointly with marketing) a recurring series of regionalised/national promotional events such as seminars, workshops and engagement events to increase the awareness of category and brand.
- Work cross functionally with UK colleagues.
- Socially and mission driven.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Someone that is fulfilled by finding and providing solutions to customer challenges.
- An excellent communicator across all areas and platforms.
- A great people focused leader.
- Able to manage and scale a fast paced growing team.
- Confident in building relationships from scratch and communicating with internal and external stakeholders of all levels.
- Someone who thrives in a high-pace and agile scale-up environment.
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Organised with your work operations, prioritisation and time management skills.
- Strategic and commercially savvy.
- Proven experience in the sports industry, preferably with sports technologies.
- Initiative, with a proactive attitude to driving new business.
- A minimum of 5 year full-cycle sales experience, with at least 2 years managing a sales team.
- Strong B2B experience managing key stakeholders.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Confidence to present to individuals and larger audiences.
- Experience in leveraging technology to drive sales.
Ideally, You Will Also Have…
- Prior start-up/scale-up experience is a huge plus.
- Agile methodology experience.
- Experience with HubSpot, Shopify and financial software platforms (such as Xero).
Remuneration and Benefits
- Annual Salary of $100,000 – $120,000 (dependant on experience) + 10% Uncapped OTE, with long-term development prospects.
- Employee options scheme.
- Discounts on popular brands, thanks to employee benefits.
- New starter credit and staff discounts on KYMIRA® products.
- Ongoing professional development support.
- 28 days annual leave, plus your birthday off.
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Place of work: US, Remote.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com