KYMIRA® is looking for a Senior Data Engineer within the team. You will be responsible for expanding and optimising our data pipeline and data storage architecture to facilitate optimal functioning of the data analysis modules within the cloud infrastructure. You will support our data analysts and data scientists by ensuring optimal data delivery architecture that is consistent throughout ongoing projects. You must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing parts of our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture suitable for different KYMIRA smart-garments.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and Azure ‘big data’ technologies.
- Create data tools for data science team members that assist them in building and optimizing KYMIRA products into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data science team to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Work with stakeholders including the executive, product development and data science teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
Essential skills and experience
We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases, including Postgres.
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with Azure cloud services: Azure Databricks
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific product development questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- Place of work: Reading, RG1 with remote working options available.
- Open to Candidates outside the UK
Kymira® is one of the world’s leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator – developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people’s lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
Kymira products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside Medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.