About the job
KYMIRA® is one of the world’s leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator – developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people’s lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
KYMIRA products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.
KYMIRA is looking to hire a Production Executive to provide technical support for our functional clothing development and to determine the best and most efficient uses of the resources to meet production goals.
Working under our Production and Sourcing Lead, the Production Executive will be responsible for supporting the Product & Operations team with the new season forecasting, fabric and product development and the entire product lifecycle of both passive and active ranges. This role gives great opportunity to the right candidate to work on our Infrared Sportswear and the most cutting-edge projects KYMIRA has to offer. It’s the perfect fusion of working on traditional sportswear and the future of wearable clothing.
- Manage production with the UK and overseas suppliers and factories, in relation to the garment supply chain (creation of POs, management of supplier deliveries, etc.).
- Handle basic quality assurance on garments, fabrics and supporting items/products/ AQL inspection need to conduct at the warehouse & reports/inspection summary need to update on time
- Manage seasonal order and budget forecast, ensuring raw materials are booked to fulfil the forecast
- Support the development process of new products in line with the design brief. This will include assisting in the development of fabric, trim and fit, ensuring that all sample garments are properly progressed from product concept into reality.
- Support the Production & Sourcing Lead with the following activities: sample management, creation of tech packs, BOMs, size charts, measuring garments, and reviewing garments. You will work collaboratively on the approval process on all product elements (lab dips, print strike offs, fabrics, trims, size charts etc).
- Collaborate with the Production & Sourcing Lead, you will own the critical path process, order placement and tracking of all products ensuring they are on time and that launch availability is met. You will identify potential problems and highlight risks to the Production & Sourcing Lead
- Develop a garment supply chain to meet business objectives.
- Assist the Production & Sourcing Lead with nurturing new relationships when sourcing new fabric, trims, mills, and factories.
- Maintain accurate product development records including fabric records, cost quotes and care label approvals within QMS.
- Support the Production & Sourcing Lead with any ad hoc additional duties.
- Fluency in English both verbal and written
- Demonstrating flexibility and an ability to multitask
- Able to work effectively under pressure and flexible schedule
- A good problem-solver
- Able to communicate ideas and work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to understand cost containment and budgetary principles
- Ability to possess technical knowledge and be adapt at all phases of the manufacturing processes
- Ability to lead and drive continuous improvement
- Proficiencies with MS Office
- Experience in a similar role
You ideally have:
- Proficiencies with Adobe Suite
- Solid experience in sportwear, activewear and smart garment
Remuneration and Benefits
- Annual salary of £26,000 – £30,000 (dependant on experience) with long term development prospects.
- Flexible working hours, Weekly 2 days remote working available
- Ongoing professional development support.
- Discounts on popular brands, thanks to employee benefits.
- New starter credit and staff discounts on KYMIRA products.
- 28 days’ annual leave, plus your birthday off!
- Desired start date: ASAP.
- Place of work: KYMIRA HQ, Reading, RG1 with hybrid working available per company policy.
- Permanent Position: Full Time
To apply, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org