KYMIRA® is one of the world’s leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator – developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people’s lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
KYMIRA products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.
KYMIRA is looking for an experienced System Administrator to lead the creation of our IT team. You will be responsible for the company’s IT infrastructure, ensuring that all our equipment and systems are running efficiently, reliably, and securely.
We are looking for someone with previous experience in an IT engineering role, preferably in a scale-up/SME environment, who understands the technical challenges that come with scaling a company beyond the start-up phase. The successful candidate will be familiar with the Microsoft suite of cloud tools (Azure, 365 etc) and be confident with setting and enforcing IT policies based on these tools.
It is an exciting time for the company as we enter a new phase in our journey and look to not only grow the team but also launch new products. We are looking for someone hard working, to be nurtured and to grow alongside the company.
- Manage, install, and configure all company IT equipment
- Manage user accounts and workstations
- Monitor and maintain company IT systems
- Maintain the company networks including VPNs
- Create and maintain hardware and software inventories
- Troubleshoot issues with company systems and web portals
- Manage permissions on the various company resources
- Set and enforce company-wide cybersecurity policy
- Regularly assess and report on company cybersecurity posture
- Initially act as direct IT support for the company
- Help build up the IT team with the company
- Build and maintain the internal wiki with technical documentation and IT policies
- Consult with the R&D team on security aspects of new projects
- Self-motivated and happy to work independently
- Organised and diligent in producing documentation
- A good problem-solver
- Passionate about IT
- Able to work effectively under pressure
- A degree in IT, Computer Science, or similar, or an equivalent professional certification
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of cybersecurity principles
- Proficiency with at least one scripting language
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure, Azure DevOps, Windows
You ideally have:
- Experience in DevOps activities
- Experience in ERP installation and administration
- Experience in Database administration (SQL and NoSQL)
- Formal Cybersecurity and System Administration qualifications
- Experience with Agile work practices
Remuneration and Benefits
- Annual salary of £35,000 – £45,000, depending on experience
- Employee Share Options Scheme
- Discounts on popular brands, thanks to employee benefits.
- New starter credit and staff discounts on KYMIRA products.
- Ongoing professional development support
- 28 days’ annual leave plus your birthday off!
To apply, please e-mail your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org