Kymira® is one of the world’s leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator – developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people’s lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
Kymira products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside Medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.
We are seeking a combined Grants and Project Manager to write and manage grant proposals, as well as work with fellow project managers across a wide variety of technical projects. You will split your time writing coherent, organised, and compelling proposals for submission to various national and international funding bodies. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organisation as well as external collaborators to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
The other part of your time will be split leading as well as assisting across various projects within the R&D department, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget, that the project’s objectives are being met, that the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of project management, ideally within an Agile/Scrum environment and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven, self-managed individuals with outstanding multitasking abilities.
As a Grants and Project Manager you will be expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key project stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to the organisation’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organisation’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the R&D department’s strategy through projects.
- Organising the various professional people working on a project.
- Carrying out risk assessment.
- Evaluating the success of the project against its benchmarking and sharing lessons or best practice with other organisations or project managers.
- Making sure the quality standards are met.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Maintaining appropriate records in the company’s online repositories.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (either technical or linguistic).
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- 2+ years of grant writing experience, particularly with the likes of Innovate UK and EU Horizon 2020.
- 2+ years of project management experience, ideally within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Prior working experience in field of Medical Devices and/or Wearable Technology
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Strong people skills.
- Competitive Salary (based on experience and skill level)
- Annual budget for formal training and development
- Flexible working hours, with remote working available
- Casual environment
- Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Place of work: Reading, RG1
Contact Phil for more information: email@example.com