Kymira® is one of the world’s leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator – developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people’s lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
Kymira products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside Medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.
We are seeking a dedicated Grant Writer to write grant funding proposals for our organisation. The Grant Writer will write coherent, organised, and compelling proposals for submission to various national and international funding bodies. You will apply your knowledge of fundraising methods and plans to reach income goals. You will collaborate with team members in the organisation as well as external collaborators to assist with other fundraising projects and develop relationships with key stakeholders.
To ensure success you need to write well, have proficient knowledge of fundraising methods, and be committed to the mission you are representing. Preferred applicants are deadline-driven, self-managed individuals with outstanding multitasking abilities.
As a Grant Writer you will be expected to assume the following key responsibilities plus any other reasonable duties as required:
- Developing relationships and collaborating with key project stakeholders.
- Displaying adherence to the organisation’s mission.
- Maintaining proficient knowledge of the organisation’s history and programs.
- Assisting with the execution of the R&D department’s strategy.
- Identifying grant funding opportunities.
- Writing, submitting, and managing grant proposals.
- Furnishing prospective funders with supporting documents.
- Collaborating with the Marketing team, helping promote research through written communications as well as apply for company-wider awards and accolades.
- Conducting Market Intelligence and reporting in order to inform Strategy.
- Maintaining appropriate records in the company’s online repositories.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (either technical or language).
- Proficient with MS Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of fundraising information sources.
- 2+ years of grant writing experience, particularly with the likes of Innovate UK and EU Horizon 2020.
- Prior working experience in field of Medical Devices and/or Wearable Technology
- Proficient with measuring and reaching income goals.
- Strong people skills.
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum environment.
Remuneration and Benefits
- Starting salary £25,000 – £28,000 Base + substantial commissions available on securing grant funding.
- Annual Budget for formal training and development
- Lucrative stock options
- Flexible working hours, with remote working available
- Casual environment
- Start Date: As soon as possible.
- Place of work: Reading, RG1 with remote working options available.
- Contact Phil for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org