KYMIRA® is one of the world’s leading smart textile companies and a multi-award-winning innovator – developing products and technologies that help, change, and ultimately save people’s lives. Our goal is to save or positively impact 1,000,000 or more lives by 2030 and become a globally recognised brand, solidifying our position as the global leader in the smart garment and textile industries.
The team strive to solve and improve large societal issues and are working in partnership with leading institutions such as the European Space Agency, Innovate UK, Universities, and the NHS, to research cutting edge technologies and e-textiles. The company works within the Medical, Sport, Defence and Space verticals, across B2B and consumer markets. By blending technology with biology in perfect synergy, we are able to release and enhance human ability.
KYMIRA products are used by Olympic athletes, elite teams, and recreational athletes alike, even world record explorers! This is alongside Medical professionals, patients, and research institutions. Profits from sales are reinvested into new medical research, as we strive for a healthier and safer tomorrow.
KYMIRA is looking for a Business Development Executive to join our growing commercial team at an exciting time in our journey. You will be an early team hire and therefore enjoy a unique opportunity to own and nurture your own accounts, whilst being exposed to activities company wide, across all our brands. You will be working closely with our Business Development Manager to execute our commercial roadmap, driving towards achieving our 2030 goal of positively impacting 1,000,000 lives.
We are looking for someone with existing experience in sales or wider business development but are open to applicants that can show stake holder management and customer facing experience from other roles. The successful candidate will be a mission driven, team playing forward thinker that isn’t afraid of working outside the box.
It is an exciting time for the company as we enter new funding and investment to begin to commercialise and roll out multiple new products, innovated by our technology team, over the next 36 months. We are expecting a period of high growth and are looking for someone hard working and coachable to grow alongside the company.
- Work across all brands, including: KYMIRA Sport, KYMIRA Medical and Corporate
- Identify sales leads, source new opportunities and engage with potential clients
- Plan and execute outbound prospecting campaigns using the company’s CRM and tech stack
- Own the full sales cycle, from prospecting to close and ongoing account management, using internal resources such as technical support when needed
- Engage with KYMIRA’s partners on revenue generating activities
- Collaborate with other departments to execute new product go-to-market plans
- Contribute to the research for, and organisation of strategy for new market opportunities
- Act as the ‘internal customer voice’ as KYMIRA develops new technologies and products, ensuring that we remain current and relevant and provide valuable solutions for our customers challenges
- Keep up with the latest trends in target markets
- Socially and mission driven
- Highly motivated with a very strong work ethic
- Someone that is fulfilled by finding and providing solutions to customer challenges
- An excellent communicator across all arenas and platforms
- Confident in building relationships from scratch and communicating with internal and external stakeholders of all levels
- Someone who thrives in a high-pace and agile scale-up environment
- Able to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Organised with your work operations, prioritisation and time management skills
- Strategic and commercially aware
- A keen interest in the tech, sports or medical sectors
- Initiative and a proactive attitude to driving new business
- Proven experience in a customer facing, sales, business development, partnerships or similar role
- Experience working within the B2B sector, ideally working with/managing stakeholder of all levels
- Strong negotiation skills
- Confidence to present to individuals and larger audiences
- A keen interest in the world of business, sales, and marketing
- Proficiency in MS Office
Ideally, You Will Also Have…
- CRM and pipeline management experience
- Experience in outbound prospecting
- Prior start-up/scale-up experience is a huge plus
Remuneration and Benefits
- Annual Salary of £25,000 + Uncapped OTE, with long term development prospects
- Employee options scheme
- Discounts on popular brands, thanks to employee benefits.
- New starter credit and staff discounts on KYMIRA products.
- 28 days’ annual leave, plus your birthday off!
- Desired start date: ASAP
- Place of work: KYMIRA HQ, Reading, Berkshire, UK. Depending on start date, this role will be subject to a remote onboarding and working environment until COVID restrictions are relaxed, when a split Office/Remote working situation will be available.
- Working hours: 40 hours per week
- We look forward to receiving your application!